This release adds one new feature, a listing of Unread IMs, and fixes a multitude of buddy list related bugs.
The Unread IMs list should be particularly useful for users with large buddy lists. Instead of scrolling through your buddy list and/or digging through collapsed groups looking for new messages, your buddies with Unread IMs will be listed off the Buddy List menu. Of course, the buddy list will continue to reflect their correct state.
The buddy list bugs were largely relics of the TOC2 migration. Somehow they’ve gone unnoticed. If you’ve added buddies from Toccer and wonder why they never appear online, you may either want to re-add them in Toccer (but you would have delete them first which will erase their associated logs) or correct them from your desktop computer.
Note: This version should only be used by new users or users of Toccer 0.9, Preview 9 or Preview 8. To check your version, please check the About dialog from the buddy list form’s Help menu. For those using earlier versions, please upgrade to Toccer 0.9, Preview 9 first by installing and then running it. Older version of Toccer can be found here.
- Renaming groups are not synced to the AIM servers. Because the group names are not synced, deleting buddies from a group that has been renamed will not work correctly – the buddy will appear deleted but will reappear after logging back on. Three workarounds are: 1) Delete the buddy using your desktop computer. 2) Rename the group back to what it was originally, and then delete the buddy. 3). Delete the buddy again after it reappears in its original group.
- Implemented listing of Unread IMs under the Buddy List menu. Beneficial for users with large buddy lists.
- Implemented syncing to server when buddy is moved between groups.
- Fixed bug where user is unable to chat with buddies with long buddy names (>= 16 characters).
- Fixed bug where the buddy add feature was not working properly. Toccer was not properly communicating the request to the server.
- Fixed bug where the buddy delete feature was not working. Again, Toccer was not properly communicating the request to the server.
- Fixed bug where buddy could be moved out of all the groups.
- Fixed bug where databases were not being backed up during a HotSync.